Last Updated May 20 2014. All material copywrite protected.
I may be offering this course again in the year 2003. If you are interested as an individual or a group, please contact me at the address, or phone number shown below.
FRUIT TREE GRAFTING: HANDS ON
TAKE HOME SIX GRAFTED APPLE, PLUM, OR PEAR TREES
Each participant will take home 6 potted fruit trees which she grafted herself. Course materials include 6 potted rootstocks, a wide range of budwood, and all necessary equipment in a small convenient toolbox. Although various grafting procedures will be introduced, the emphasis will be on T-budding. No previous experience required.
The objective of the seminar is to provide you with the knowlege, skills, and equipment necessary to clone any fruit tree from which you can beg, borrow, or steal a bit of budwood. I'll show you how to start your own rootstocks, harvest budwood, do the grafting or budding, and care for the trees through to fruiting. If you feel the need to climb any fences, however, you are on your own!
- Registration Fee Includes:
- 6 Rootstocks of your choice
- Budsticks of Hardy Apples, Plums, and Pears (at least 15 varieties to choose from)
- Practice material
- Scalpal, extra blades, (and a few band-aids!)
- Bark Lifter
- Budding Strips, and Plant Labels
- Nursery Marker
- Step by Step Grafting Manual
- Waterproof Toolbox to keep it all together
- Program Thursday
- 7:00pm Coffee, Registration, and Distribution of Supplies
- 7:30pm Theory of Plant Physiology and Grafting: Introduction
- 8:00pm Slide Presentation
- 8:30pm Walking Tour: How to Harvest Budsticks
- Program Saturday
- 8:30am Coffee
- 8:45am More Theory on Plant Physiology and Grafting
- 9:30am Practise: How to Tie or Wrap the Graft
- 10:00am Coffee
- 10:30am Rootstocks: How to Start Them Yourself or Select and Buy Them
- 11:15am Practise: How to Cut the Bud
- 12:00pm Lunch (provided)
- 1:00pm Slide Presentation and Budding Demonstration
- 1:30pm Time to Graft Your Own Trees
- 4:30pm After Grafting Care, Outplanting, and Seminar Evaluation
- 5:00pm Seminar officially over but you may stay until
- 6:00pm If you need to or wish to.
Registration Fee: $200. Reserve now with $40 deposit. Seminar limited to 12 participants.
For more information contact Darryl Fehr by E-mail or phone 955 8479 after 6:00pm.
Mailing Address: PO Box 792, Martensville, Sask., S0K 2T0