Last Updated May 20 2014. All material copywrite protected.
I may be offering this course again in the year 2003. If you are interested
as an individual or a group please contact me at the address or phone number
Yard Planning and Design: The Practical Way
ENJOY PLANNING YOUR NEW LANDSCAPE
LEARN BY DOING
(For new landscapes and Landscape Upgrades)
This seminar is intended to be informative and enjoyable. The emphasis will be on plant selection and placement. All work will be done on 11"x17" squared drafting paper. Drawing will be freehand. After Thursday's session you will be invited to measure up your yard and sketch the outline of the lot, the house, and other fixed objects that may affect the landscape plan. For this you will require a 100' measuring tape. All other materials will be provided.
- Registration fee includes:
- Saturday lunch and other refreshments
- 11"x17" drawing paper
- drafting pencils, sharpener, eraser (just in case!), and drawing aids
- Woody Ornamentals for the Prairies by Hugh Knowles ($29.95 List)
- Program, Thursday Evening
- 7:00pm Coffee and Registration
- 7:30pm What are we trying to achieve by design?
- DO's and DON'T's of good design
- How to gather information
- Distribution of materials
- Drawing the unalterables
- Program, Saturday
- 8:30am Coffee; probably some "Show and Tell"
- 8:45am Principles of design (from Knowles)
- 9:30am Planning the activity areas
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Slide presentation on trees and shrubs
- 12.00pm Lunch (provided)
- 1:00pm Walking tour of Innovation Place
- 2:15pm Final word on plant size, placement
- 2:30pm Time to design your yard
- 4:30pm Seminar officially over but you may stay until
- 6:00pm if you need to or wish to
Registration Fee, $100.00; Reserve now with a $20.00 deposit. Seminar limited to 20 participants
For more information contact Darryl Fehr by E-mail or phone at 955-8459.
Mailing address: PO Box 792, Martensville, Sask. S0K 2T0